Chronic Epididymitis. Cipro and Levaquin given. Another very sad story.

Here is another very tragic story sent to this blog.

I’ve had chronic recurring epididymitis ever since I was young which was usually treated with anti-inflamatories just to come back later. I was prescribed 500mg of Cipro for 3 weeks in fall 2005 even though I didn’t have any signs of infection. As soon as I had finished the course my foot swelled up with gout and I was unable to walk. I went to urgent care and asked if it couldve been caused by the medicine they said no. A week later I went to urology because I was still having pain. Again I asked about the connection between gout and the medicine. I was told no again and prescribed Levaquin for a month which didn’t work either. Later I was told by another urologist that the swelling could indeed have been caused by the medicine

The pain resolved on its own after several months in spring 2006 and I was ready to get back to life. I had gone back to school because I wanted to get a degree, join the military as an officer and then come back and teach PE. That summer I started getting earaches. I had no infection and was diagnosed with a Eustachian tube disorder. 1 week later the headaches started. It was so bad I thought I had meningitis and was going to die. I wanted to cry so much from the pain. My neck hurt and was stiff. I couldn’t keep my head up straight nor keep my eyes open. My head pounded and burned. I had increased pressure and the outside of my head hurt to touch and my sinuses burned. At one point I even passed out and was taken to the hospital. I had a CT scan done and was told I had a sinus infection. I was given antibiotics but this time a different kind (Probably amoxicillin.) That didn’t work as well. So then they changed their diagnosis to allergic rhinitis. Went to a neurologist
 who ordered an MRI which came back negative as well. Gradually this pain went away as well. The headaches still return a couple times a month although not as severe.

Then In Fall 2006 the joint pain started. At first, It was just my shoulders and my back which I thought were related to weight lifting. So I stopped for awhile but the pain didn’t go away. Next, the knee pain started. They were stiff, popped a lot, and when I would take a step I would get a sharp pain which made it feel like my knee had locked up. X-rays were performed which showed know damage. I was sent to physical therapy for six months which only aggravated the symptoms. Later pain showed up in other areas such as my Achilles, feet, elbows, hips and wrists. I have seen two orthopedists and a rheumatologist. One orthopedist didn’t believe me. MRIs were done of both knees know damage shown. The other has heard about the damage but says its just case reports and that what’s done is done. He tried to reassure me by saying if anything is ever damaged he can fix it. Rheumatologist said that antibiotics can cause autoimmune disorders and performed a lot of blood tests all
  of which were negative or within range. He then sent me to genetics thinking I might have Marfan’s which I don’t have either. I contacted him following my genetics appointment and was told he didn’t have anymore tests to perform so not to come back.

I have all the typical symptoms of the reactions to the medication. Joint pain, joint popping, numbness, tingling, spasms/twitches, headaches, eye pain, eyes burn, always tired, always cold. I’m sure some things have even slipped my mind. I can’t get anyone to look at even part of the Flox report. Most recently I’ve been diagnosed with Seborrheic Dermatits and I get coldsore outbreaks around my mouth every two weeks when I used to get them about twice a year.

I have no idea what I am supposed to do. My whole life is on hold. I can’t work. We pay more than $500 a month for health insurance because of all the appointments due to medicine I was prescribed. I’m 26 years old I haven’t been able to workout or play sports in years. My girlfriend left me, she didn’t feel like I could protect her anymore, and said I wasn’t man enough and wanted some one she could kiss. My mom wants me out. My “friends” just say I’m getting old or need to workout and eat more. I am completely out of time and out of options. How can I get a job like this? How can I get MY job like this? I shouldn’t have to compromise. I just pray that one day soon I’ll be strong enough to end my suffering and that people will regret not taking me seriously.

15 Responses to “Chronic Epididymitis. Cipro and Levaquin given. Another very sad story.”

1. Jack says:

How are you doing with the chronic epdidymitis? Has it returned? Have you found anything that helps treat the pain and swelling?

2. Theresa says:

Don’t give up, I know its hard-especially if no one believes or realizes the extent of your suffereing-but you can be a source of encouragement for others in your same situation. Your pain is real. Your heartache is real. You are a precious person, please don’t even think about giving up. Keep fighting.

3. Tim says:

I have went thru the same thing you have. Levaquin, Cipro for the same illness. Now, I just finished another round of Cipro for prostatisis and BINGO. Eustachain Tube Dysfunction. I am just now seeing a ENT Specialist for the problem. My primary care physician said she did not see anything wrong in my ear. The ENT said that my eardrum was “sucked in” due to the negative pressure. I am taking Nasacort and have a follow-up with ENT in three weeks for possible salpingotomy.

4. Jeff says:

Jack – The epididymitis hasn’t returned for awhile, surprisingly. I think about it from time to time. Hopefully it’s less likely to return since I am no longer able to exercise. If it did come back that would really put me over the edge.

Theresa – Thank you for your kind words. Sometimes just the acknowledgment can help.

Tim – Sorry to hear you’re going through that. How did your follow up go?

It had been 8months since I last saw anyone about my condition. Even after resting all summer my joints feel worse. I’m still trying to get them to do more testing. They keep shooting down my requests to see an endocrinologist and further MRIs. I’m trying to push for one last round of testing, but I’m not getting my hopes up. I just asked for a referral outside the network and now they want me to see some of their colleagues. Sometimes I think about those truth.com anti smoking ads where they have those public protests maybe we should create something like that.

5. hurpy says:

bonjour très emue par votre récit
    mon père en france a pris du tavanisc dans un hopital depuis il a eu une rupture du tendon d’achille puis une nécrose à l’autre pied puis une insuffisance rénale il a surtout des troubles de la notion du temps qui laisse penser qu’il commence à perdre sa raison
    j’ai décidé d’attaquer l’hopital et le laboratoire avec l’aide d’une avocate et d’un expert intrnationnal de renommée il ne faut pas laisser tomber meme si cela doit durer longtemps car si cela peut éviter à d’autres etres humains d’etre détruits, nous aurons fait quelquechos d’utile bon courage

6. Kenny Zinsmeister says:

the eustachian tube can be easily irritated if not properly washed.-

My personal internet page

7. Lucia Ruedas says:

Eye pain can occur on the surface of your eye or within your eye’s deeper structures. Eye pain that’s on the surface of your eye might be described as itching, burning or shooting pain. Surface eye pain is often related to a foreign object in your eye, an eye infection, or anything that irritates or inflames the membrane covering the surface of your eye. ,

Current posting provided by our new web portal
    <.http://www.healthmedicinelab.com/chest-pain-in-women/

8. feee3.com says:

Great post, very informative. I’m wondering why the other experts of this sector do not realize this. You must proceed your writing. I’m confident, you have a huge readers’ base already!|What’s Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I’m hoping to contribute & assist different customers like its aided me. Great job.

9. I have been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog posts in this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this web site. Reading this info So i’m satisfied to exhibit that I have an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I most for sure will make certain to don?t overlook this site and provides it a look regularly.

10. The world of mobile marketing is expanding quickly,
    and the technologies involved in effective tactics They want to be able to have entertaining although they discover.

Here is my weblog; candy crush download candy crush (http://yourhackplanet.com/)

11. Unquestionably consider that that you stated. Your favourite
    reason appeared to be at the web the easiest factor to be aware
    of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while other folks consider concerns that they just do not recognize
    about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and outlined out the whole
    thing with no need side effect , other folks could take a signal.
    Will probably be again to get more. Thank you

Also visit my web page – people generate money

12. mario video says:

Genuinely when someone doesn’t know after that its up to other
    people that they will help, so here it occurs.

13. types of massage…

Chronic Epididymitis. Cipro and Levaquin given. Another very sad story. | "Levaquin Hurts" Brain/Body Toxic Drug…

14. Tim Mason says:

I took Levaquin for three months for bilateral epididymitis ( 4 cysts in each tube of varying size 4mm to 1mm.
    I also had many lumbar steroid injection over a three year period. I can barley walk due to fibrosis in my lumbar where the shots were given.
    Looks like I got weak legs with both barrels.

15. paint Restoration Repair…

Chronic Epididymitis. Cipro and Levaquin given. Another very sad story. |…